I’m Dylan Yates and have been working in Search since 2011.
- SEO Director for a leading UK boutique SEO agency
- Obsessed with delivering overwhelmingly positive ROI for clients
- Provide SEO consultancy for some of the UK’s biggest websites
- Highly experienced in copywriting, SEO and PPC
Previous experience in SEO includes the following:
- Consultancy for Photobox, Transitions Lenses, Simply Business,
- Mentoring for SetSquared businesses in the University of Surrey’s Tech Hub
- Nominated for a 2018 Search Award – ‘Best Local Campaign’ for work with
- Developed and lead interactive SEO session for
NewYork office of Warner Music, advising on long-term organic strategy
- Created and lead SEO Lunch & Learn session in MetalBox Factory, Southwark, for Moonpig.
Experience in the Search industry:
2019: SEO Director at Blue Array
2017 – 2018: SEO Manager, Blue Array, a Boutique UK SEO agency
2016: Digital Account Manager at Digital House
2016: PPC Account Management at Yell.com
2015: Freelance Copywriter, emphasis on local SEO including GMB pages
2011 – 2014: Content fulfilment in Operations at Yell.com
2011: 1st Class Degree from The University of Salford in English and Drama.
In any SEO and online acquisition channel, the argument of whether or not to automate is regularly debated.
Neither 100% automation or 100% manual labour will prove the most efficient at delivering fantastic ROI, so a balance of both is essential.
With automated processes, time spent on resource-heavy tasks can be reduced, leaving greater scope for creative vision and human analysis.
This will allow clients I work for to gain the additional 10% on competitors. Better; all efficiencies made by using
I’ve developed a process that applies to almost every kind of SEO-related project, where as far as possible automation (scripts developed in Python, AI and cloud crawling software) drives the heart of the SEO research and strategy.
To be best in class my principles are pure and clean. They have to be, to compete in an ever-increasingly noisy digital marketplace. I follow a simple but high-aiming and ambitious design:
- I believe in delivering best in class SEO, pairing the tone and sentiment of your brand with the content you create
- Sound Technical SEO, solid site architecture and a well-planned content strategy can win in any vertical except highly commercial terms (ie business loans, in which case authoritative backlinks are a pre-requisite to having a seat at the table)
- Embed SEO into everything your developers and copywriters touch and create platforms and strategies that can scale. Quickly.
- Manage SEO projects end to end and take full accountability for your results
- Align consultancy costs with clients’ goals, working towards KPI’s focussed on generating bottom line revenue
- Analyse data, highlight what works and double-down, increasing velocity exponentially. Aim for the market, not a keyword.
My experience and knowledge has been gained from years of experience working at the coalface of online marketing
I guarantee a high-quality, holistic SEO strategy that’s more cost effective and agile than incumbent digital agencies and offers a faster runway to success than hiring and training in-house staff.
I can project manage high-quality editorial copywriting for the purpose of gaining brand exposure, creating linkable assets and driving referral traffic back to your site.
I have a deep knowledge of many aspects of SEO, particularly:
- Competitor keyword gap analysis and 12-month content strategy
- Completing analysis of your business niche through industry tools
- Conduct a complete competitor audit for up to five competitors providing the opportunity and means to achieve the gap
Technical SEO Audit:
- 10-day Technical audit of your site
- Optimizing site performance (sitemaps, duplicate content, onsite optimisation, HTML minifying and other performance best practices, page speed optimisation and identifying common errors such as
hreflangor product schema markup)
- Providing low-hanging fruit, technical recommendation and tickets raised to developers with the highest-priority, lowest-effort first
- Implementing Analytics and goal tracking
- Never pay for links (though backlinks are becoming less relevant to modern SEO)
- All link outreach supports the tone and sentiment of your brand.
- Entirely white-hat outreach prospecting, harvesting contacts for natural, high-quality, editorially-sourced links